Tuesday, May 24, 2011

PATACONES CHIPS













Are you like me tired of buying chips(crisps) for partys and weekends. "Pataconas" from Colombia are a wonderful alternative to those boring chips or french fries. It is made of plantain (cooking banana). I promise, it will be much tastier than usual chips. So get the party started :).

MUSIC FOR PARTY CHEF:
SHAKIRA
WAKA WAKA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ssflEr3s44&feature=related

SHOPPING LIST:
2 plantains
1/4 l olive oil
sea salt

Peel the plantains.
Cut the plantains into 3cm slices.
Fry the plantains in oil until light brown.
Remove the plantains from the frying pan and put them on the plate.
Grab a glass and flatten them into little pancakes. Be careful not to break them. Return them to oil, fry again and remove when nicely brown-yellow. Add some sea salt.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds as a great alternative for boring chips and much more delicious!!! I love fried (cooking) banana. Yummmmm......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is beautiful!!! I love you blueberry picture! I see you just got started! It takes time but it is fun! I wish I could get time to design mine. It is all on paper but not so easy to get onto the blog:)! We eat plantains frequently! I didn't know the chips had this name! Thanks for writing on mine, because now I know about yours!! I love baking with buttermilk. I will make it a tag so it is easy to find all the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For Carrots: Your blog is amazing. I really like your pictures. I should really try one of your buttermilk recipes. The plantain recipe I got from a colombian girl. She called them like that.

    ReplyDelete