Monday, April 29, 2013

1ST. FOODIE PEN PALS MAIL : FOOD GREETINGS FROM GABIJA IN LITHUANIA


I am part of the european Foodie Penpals club. It is an awesome idea, really. It is a way for food bloggers to get to know each other via a lovely parcel in the mail every month.

This was my first time and I received a lovely food package from a young lithuanian girl called Gabija.
So exciting.
She sent me a package with traditional lithuanian products. 
The most interesting part of the package was a hard yummy cake called Sakotis. I have it on the picture above. Sakotis means branched tree.

 I have been to Lithuania but never tried this one. It is a lithuanian-polish cake that came popular during Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth. It is popular celebration food. I was curious to do it myself but reading the recipes on internet I realized that you need to have special equipment and skills in order to bake it.

She also sent me 2 different chocolate bars, Vilnius and Karuna candies, herbal tea and honey.
Thank you again, Gabija.
You can check out her website here: http://myeternityisnow.wordpress.com/

This time I sent a package to Katy on Isle of Wight. You can read about it and check out her page here: http://birdwrites.wordpress.com/2013/05/02/foodie-penpals-2/
She has some really great photos on her website. 




3 comments:

  1. Welcome to FPP! It looks like you received a great package for your first time. That cake looks very interesting. Thank you for sharing with all of us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much missmylin. It is such a great idea. Love it.

      Delete