Saturday, June 4, 2011

SAILING PICNIC - CHICKEN LOLLIPOPS





















Today we went sailing with some good friends. It was not one of those perfect blue sky weather days. We had everything. Blue sky, dark sky, nice white clouds, summer rain, no wind, a lot of wind. I loved it. Isn't it like a metafor for life? We all have our sunny days and rainy days. Without the dark clouds we can't appreciate the blue sky.



SOULFOOD:
ROD STEWART
"SAILING"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyIw0gcgfik

I took some picnic food with me to eat on the boat. Some colorful chicken lollipops. Perfect for a summer day out.

Ingredients:

ca 500g chicken breast
1-2 zucchini
1-2 garlic cloves
salt
pepper
handful basil

With vegetable peeler cut long strips of the zucchini. Put the zucchini strips into cold water for couple of minutes. Drain the slices.

Cut the chicken breast into long strips. Add pressed garlic, salt and pepper. Fry the strips over medium heat until golden brown.

Put the zucchini slice and basil on the fried chicken and roll everything together. Pin it together with a toothpick (or something nicer :)).

Ahoi!

13 comments:

  1. I must say, these are very interesting. It's something that'd I'd definitely try! Love unique food creations! I am now following you. Thanks for visiting and following my blog @ sandwicheverything.blogspot.com
    Also, feel free to visit the other blogs on my profile. I know there's a ton but I just keep getting new ideas. However, I might suggest checking out: Foodie Snacks & Choco-Aholic since your obviously into food like I am. I hope to see you again soon and in the meantime, keep up the good work.
    Best Regards,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. sailing sounds refreshing, especially the clouds--it's 98 degrees F. in Texas today. The chicken recipe looks simple and fresh, will have to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look DELICIOUS! So fresh and summery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't resist those clouds summer is really great time to bond with friends and family. Nice recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow...looks fabulous..
    first time here..lovely space you have..interesting presentation..
    Am your happy follower now..:)
    do stop by mine sometime..

    Tasty Appetite
    Event: Letz Relishh Ice Creams

    ReplyDelete
  6. To Matt: Thanks. Wow you have really many blogs. I saw the sandwich one first and liked the idea. Will definitely check it out again (or some of your other creative blogs :P).

    Dear Keelie: Thanks. It is a great summer picnic food.

    Raquel: Summer is great and summer clouds are fabulous. Can sometimes look at them for hours (good excuse to not do something "more important" ;).

    Jay: Thanks for following. I will stop by you sometimes :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea, it is also not too difficult to make: perfect for a picnic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Una Semplice Passione: Danke schön. Yes, it is very easy and so tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful way to present a dish! And the recipe looks quite easy as well!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eftychia: thanks, yes it is easy to do and looks great :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a great and easy recipe for chicken! Thanks for sharing this at Global Food Friday and am so happy to have discovered your blog, I have decided to join your site. Hope you can check us out too at www.manilaspoon.com. Thanks again, Abby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abby. It is a great and easy picnic food with a twist :)

      Delete
  12. What a great way to make food fun and appetizing. Thanks for celebrating my birthday and sharing this with us during Our Little Family Adventure's Community Party. I love your recipes on the site. I look forward to following what's cooking in your kitchen. I hope you'll join us again this week for the party on Facebook.
    Nicky

    ReplyDelete